We asked Theo and Juliet a few questions that will help us get an idea of who they are and what makes them click (pun intended).
You can learn a lot more about them from their website.
1.What is the most important thing an actor can do to prepare for a headshot session?
Get rest ,exercise, skip booze and smoking (quit smoking).Think about your marketing realistically— your type, your hair style/cut and color, weight etc.Make a list of the 4 major categories you go out for. ie. mom, student, lawyers, babes, cops, dads,etc.
2. How would you describe your approach to shooting headshots?Realistic– who are you? and what are you able to book? We need to target that market not the one thing you never will play. Also to have fun, no good photos come from misery.
3. If you could photograph one actor, who would it be and why?That’s not a fair question— we love so many. We have shot SO many we love! If we have to narrow that down—funny. anyone funny…Peter Sellers.
4. Describe your Best experience with a client. No names please.Anytime we are all laughing—which is most of the time. We really love 99.9% of our experiences with clients.
5. Describe your Worst experience with a client. No names please.I’d like to tell the names! Honestly, there are some really unhappy people in this world and show business profession. The 0.1% that make it miserable for everyone. Sadly they’d like to bring people down to their misery level…. The worst is someone who is totally unprepared and full of blame.
6. Describe your Strangest experience with a client. No names please.There are too many to mention!! people are strange…….sometimes good strange and sometimes bad…
7. What is your favorite movie?Too many to mention. We are movie buffs and Love almost everything! We love to talk about movies and T.V. during the shoot.
8.What sets you apart from other photographers?18 years of shooting head shots in LA and NY. Always working as a team without ever using outside people. Technical knowledge that comes from years of experience.
9. Are there any other projects you are involved in that you’d like to share with us?You’ll have to wait and see…….but I can tell you that Theo is working on a fantastic garden!